Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Paganism v Wicca

So, I've been sitting here, jobless and broke, with nothing to do. I have no money, no gas in the car, no job, and I just don't know what to do. My bills are past due and it just seems like everything is falling apart all at once.
I created another blog for Non-Pagan readers. It's http://keepyourrelationshipsteady.blogspot.com
Because not everyone is Pagan, some people would just like to see some advice and help from a person's point of view.

Now then, I wrote for a bit on Tumblr about Wicca vs Paganism. At which point someone commented that I was confused between witchcraft which is Wicca and Paganism which is an Umbrella term.
No, I am not confused. I understand Paganism is an umbrella term, but Witchcraft is not just Wicca. Wicca which has only been around since the 1950's as a religion. Before that, Wicca was not named.

Since witchcraft has been around longer than Wicca, you cannot say somebody is wrong for the term they use. As I've said before, thanks to Hollywood, Wicca is a misleading name. Therefore, I say Pagan to avoid the young people who think "Sabrina the witch or The Craft". When Hollywood is no longer glamorizing Wicca and making it appear as "read this and you can change your boyfriend into a hottie", then I will feel more comfortable saying Wicca.

No comments:

Post a Comment